Max-Kade houses in Germany and Austria
|homepage | German version | imprint|
Göttingen (BRD, Bundesland Niedersachsen)
Max Kade Haus
Platz der Göttinger Sieben 4
Contact person:Prof. Dr. Jörg Magull
Tel. +49 (0) 551 / 395101
Contact person on site:Ms. Diederich, Ms. Renner, Ms. Zapfe
Tel.: +49 (0) 551 / 395171 und 395172
Construction/renovation of the building:
Built in 1959-1960, renovated in 2006-2007
Location and architecture:
Very close to the dining hall "Mensa Italia". The centre for Humanitarian Sciences (GWZ) and the city centre are within a short walking distance.
Coin-operated washing machines and dryers, cycle storage, student clubs, internet and telephone connection, cable TV, shared kitchens, common rooms, balconies, terraces, cellar room for beverages
Type of accommodation:75 single apartments , 13–21 m², rent 189-239 euros, 9 of these single apartments have their own kitchenette
For a larger size picture please click on the photo.
Description and characteristics:
The Max Kade house fulfils the standard for a "good low-energy house" and at the same time it exceeds the request for the Energy Saving Regulation given by the Federal Government. In comparison to the situation before the renovation, the energy saving is about 60 percent today.