Max-Kade houses in Germany and Austria
|homepage | German version | imprint|
Stuttgart (Germany, Baden-Württemberg)
Max Kade Heim Stuttgart
Contact person:Sabine Rau
Tel.: +49 (0) 711 9574474
Contact person on site:
Janitor/ caretaker Herr Wolf
Tel.: +49 (0) 711 68583959
Construction/renovation of the building:
built 1952/ 1953, 2008
Location and architecture:
Very close to the Stuttgart University. The façade was built in 1953 using building rubble cement and is still in its original state. The Max Kade house is situated at the eastern corner of the Hoppenland cemetry, where the former Beinerhäuschen was situated until its destruction in WW2.
Furniture, bathroom/ toilet, central heating, kitchens, Internet connection, cable TV connections, common rooms, cellar room for bicycles, washing and drying rooms, balconies
Extras: sauna, darkroom, café on the roof, cellar room for functions, workshop, board games room, disabled car park
Type of accommodation:128 single rooms leading on to a corridor, 1 apartment
room size 10-18 m²
Rent after renovation 195-312 EUR
For a larger size picture please click on the photo.
Description and characteristics:
The first hall of residence, comprising of 16 floors, built in Stuttgart, is the oldest Max-Kade house in Germany.
The “most beautiful hall of residence in the world” (this is how the students describe it on their own website- www.max-kade.de) is run by self-administration. The tenants are organized into a council with 12 members, who allocate further positions.
On the website there is a mini Kade guide, a guestbook, a picture gallery, as well as detailed information regarding Max Kade himself and the history of the hall of residence.
No. of occupants:137, of which the percentage of foreign students is 41 %